Goodbye to Pen and akademische Arbeit!
GlucoTel is a telemedical blood glucose monitoring and diabetes management system. It is used for automatic, complete documentation of all blood glucose levels and for simple entry of additional information (meals, insulin administration, physical activities, etc.) Users include diabetes sufferers and people affected by metabolic conditions.
In connection with the telemonitoring function, it is suitable above all for children and their parents as well as for patients who, during anfänglich adjustment, a change of insulin or a secondary illness want or need to be closely monitored. Adult users who do not need to be monitored especially appreciate the fact that it is no longer necessary to use a pen and paper, as the record is ‚completed‘ fully with the measured blood glucose levels during the actual measurement. The approval for the patient’s doctor to view the record can somit save time and thus eliminate the need for some alleinig visits to the doctor’s surgery or the hospital.
The system consists of three components that are used together in an integrated process:
- GlucoTel (Blood glucose meter with Bluetooth technology) with GlucoTel blood glucose test strips, lancing device, and lancets
- BodyTel Mobile (Mobile app for compatible cell phones) and/or the
- BodyTel Endergebnis (static home gateway)
- BodyTel Center (Verbunden portal with patient records at www.bodytel.com)
- Size: 140 x 32 x 18 mm (5.5 x 1.3 x 0.7 in)
- Weight: 65 g (2.3 oz) (including batteries)
- Measurement range: 20 to 525 mg/dl or 1.1 to 29.2 mmol/l
- Amount of blood: 0.6 μL capillary whole blood (plasma-calibrated)
- Measurement duration: 10 seconds
- Batteries: 2 x AAA batteries (not rechargeable)
- Usage duration anhand battery set: min. 800 measurements
- Knotenpunkt: integrated Bluetooth
- Internal data memory: 100 measurements
- Temperature tolerance range: 10 to 40ºC
- Moisture tolerance range: 20% to 80% relative humidity
- GlucoTel is covered by the In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Directive (98/79/EC).